Book your session on the Calendar opposite and pay when you attend for session
Call or Text 083 1567781
Book your appointment on calendar opposite
Welcome to our Affordable Counselling Service, an initiative set up by The Dancing Soul as a direct response to the demand for support in these challenging times. The service is a not-for-profit service whose goal is to provide counselling for everyone who needs it at a price they can afford.
Our service offers a quiet and calm space in which to explore any difficulties you are experiencing in your life with a Therapist who will listen to you in a caring and non-judgemental way.
Counselling is for anyone who wants and needs support, perhaps at a time of crisis or otherwise, who is unhappy with his or her present circumstances and hopes for change. It is a valuable aid to personal growth and can help the individual develop assertiveness and self-confidence and improve their sense of well-being. Some but not all of the issues that are brought to counselling are quality of life issues, relationship difficulties, managing stress and anxiety, coping with loss and bereavement, depression, anger management, self-esteem issues and sexuality issues. Whether the individual needs just a few sessions for an immediate problem or would like to work long-term on a deeper issue, the Affordable Counselling Service is there to help to alleviate difficulties through talking with a trained professional.
The Counselling Service offers counselling for a range of issues. The Counsellors are senior trainees recommended by their training organisation and are in supervision for their work. We have a number of Qualified Counsellors who are working up hours towards their accreditation. Both pre-accredited Therapists and senior trainee Counsellors subscribe to a code of ethics and are engaging in supervision for their work.
Whether you need just a few sessions to deal with an immediate problem or would like to work long-term on a deeper issue, we can help. At your first contact with the service, you will have the opportunity to explore how our service can help you.
Fees depend on whether you want a day time appointment or an evening appointment. Evenings are usually very busy and there can be short waiting time to get an appointment. Day time appointments are available within 2 working days usually and are cheaper. (Daytime is considered 9am-4pm Monday to Saturday)
Day Appointment: €20 9am-4pm (Monday to Saturday) Evening Appointment : €30 (Monday to Friday)
It is our aim that financial issues do not stand in the way of you accessing emotional support so it is possible for concessions on individual circumstances.
You will be offered an appointment as soon as possible. You will agree with your Therapist the number of sessions; this can be a number of weeks or months, depending on your needs. If you have to cancel an appointment it is important to give a minimum of 24 hours notice to avoid being charged for the session. This is to accommodate another client who may be waiting for an appointment.
- To provide a high quality affordable counselling service to people who need it most. This service is offered from Monday to Saturday, 9am to 8pm.
- To work in partnership with GP’s, social workers, other health professionals, voluntary and community groups to offer an affordable counselling service to their clients. The service recognises the value of working in conjunction with the medical model of care, rather than just as an alternative to it
- To welcome clients to the Affordable Counselling Service from others therapies offered at The Dancing Soul Therapy Centre and to encourage Therapists to cross-refer to other therapies and supports which may benefit the client
- To provide an environment for Therapists and clients that is warm, nurturing, comfortable, welcoming and supportive
- To offer opportunities for Therapists to develop their business and skills in a peer learning environment, through the Dancing Soul Network.
Therapists/Trainees working with the service come from established and recognised Training Schools from around the country: