Reflexology is a treatment that applies the premise that there are areas on the feet and hands called reflex points which correspond to all the organs, systems and parts of the body. Reflexology is the application of a series of movements and pressure to these points to trigger corresponding parts of the body. Reflexology can help create a state of relaxation, improves circulation and elimination, thereby allowing the body to rest and return to its natural rhythm. This in turn relieves all forms of physical and mental discomfort.
Reflexology has until recently been practised on a purely physical basis but we are now becoming more aware of the effects our thoughts and emotions reflect on our physical state. With many people now living demanding lives there is an increase in many people’s stress levels. Stress does not enter the body but is generated from within, exposing us to physical and mental disorders. The Universal Approach to Reflexology incorporates mind, body and soul providing an antidote to the continual build up of tension and anxiety. This branch of reflexology uses a light touch and is gentle and safe for all, including pregnant women and cancer patients.
• Benefits of the Universal approach to Reflexology
• Reduces stress and induces relaxation.
• Encourages the release of energies that no longer serve the body creating an environment of ease for regeneration and repair.
• Revitalises energy by stabilizing and encouraging equilibrium ensuring the body is naturally well recharged.
• Co-ordinates the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual energies for a more balanced life.
• Stimulates the healing power within each of us, balancing the whole system.
Reflexology relaxes the body, calms the mind and soothes the soul